Yep, I bought one for my 13 year old. He can print the pictures from his Optio S4 without needing a computer or software. It produces acceptable quality 8 x 10 prints from a 4MP camera, .jpg file, at the default settings. Acceptable for a 13 year old or anyone that is not super critical.

HP1300 series. I can't remember which model exactly, but this one has the ability to use regular ink or the special photo cartridge.

Tom C.

From: "John Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Pentax List)
Subject: Electronic devices that think for you ...
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:00:17 -0500 (EST)

... and I'm not talking about cameras! (Though it is about photography)

I just spotted a post on another discussion group I read, where somebody
was recounting his experience with a nice little multi-function printer/
scanner from HP.  When you put a memory card from a digital camera into it,
you can just push a button and get out a printed contact sheet.

Easy, huh?     But wait!   There's more!!

Underneath each thumbnail image is a little check box.  Mark up the sheet,
feed it back into the scanner, and the printer produces individual prints
for each of the images you selected.