From:   RK [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Sunday, May 06, 2001 2:53 AM
To:     Pentax discuss
Subject:        Sunny 16 Rule

I've messed up some very important landscape shots- I had to take them
about just after noon in blazing sunlight and the resulting images are
ghastly: burnt out highlights with deep shadows.
I showed them to a pro and he recommended I use the Sunny 16 rule
whenever I take photos in bright sunshine- i.e., I ignore the CW meter
reading.
Is this good advice? I shoot print film and my usual outfit for outdoor
shots would be a MZ5+17mm Tokina
Thanks.
RK
Yeah, I know late morning would have been great for such shots but that
was not possible here.
Or should I just meter for the highlights next time (there'll be a next
time tomorrow!)

application/ms-tnef