On 16 Nov 2004 at 13:52, Pål Jensen wrote:

> Yes, doughnuts happens with all lens at certain conditions due to the laws of
> optics. If you scan through the Pentax photo annual books you'll see virtually
> all lenses made by Pentax creates  this effect under certain circumstances.

I agree, even very well regarded lenses like the A200/4 Macro can delivery
bokeh that just hoovers given the right set of circumstances. I suspect too
that often the effect is exaggerated by the process of direct digital image
capture particularly when citing specular reflections which may saturate the
sensor leading to blooming and other edge artifacts.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998