He's saying that on the ist D you are only
using the central portion of the fisheyes
image circle where the effect is the least.
This reduces the 'fisheye' effect and the
results look more like a distorted WA shot
than a true fisheye shot.
I'm just now playing with the Zenitar
16/2.8.
If I compose carefully the shot looks like
a very WA shot with little fisheye effect.
On a 35mm this would not be the case.

Don