It depends on your goal, but all-in-all you'll find that the cropped center
of an FE can't compete with a good rectilinear lens. Looking through the
gallery on Pbase, the digital shots are mildly distorted, enough to suggest
a bad lens rather than a fish-eye effect.

In my initial query to Amita I was looking for creative ways others have
used the extreme FE effect (on film or FF digital) to really add to the
image beyond the superficial goofiness. Not that the goofiness is bad, but I
already have another 180° rectilinear wide-angle that I can use to get plain
vanilla wide shots.

For example, some of the shots here where made with the Zenitar:

<http://www.arinahnell.com/01-04-04/index.htm>

This was the point I made in a separate thread about choosing the MZ-S over
the *istD: The crop factor is something I don't like, so I'm waiting for a
FF digital solution, which, I admit, may be a ways off and will be
expensive. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Tim