On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:45:06 -0500, Christian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, the name of the bay near Ocean City, Maryland is called Assawoman
> Bay.  It's connected to Little Assawoman Bay in Delaware to the north
> and empties into the Atlantic Ocean to the south.
>
> This shot is facing East towards Ocean City.
>
> http://www.skofteland.net/displayimage.php?album=10&pos=3
>
> shot with the D and an A 50/2, cropped and resized for the web.
>
> Comments always appreciated.

I'm glad that everyone else has loved it, because I won't feel so bad
trashing it.

<g>

Okay, I won't trash it, but I have to be honest, this doesn't do much
for me.  I think it's those apartment buildings or hotels or whatever
they are on the horizon.  To me, they're just so bland, they take away
from what might have been a nice shot.

I like the grassy marshie things in the foreground, and of course the
colours of the sky are inspiring.  As a couple of folks have already
mentioned, here's the exception that makes the rule:  the horizon in
the middle does indeed work.

But, those damned apartments!  <vbg>

Sorry, but I think it's just me, so no need to pay attention.

cheers,
frank