Hi Fra,

> Oh, you are quite adventurous. Aren't you afraid of them - ehm -
> "marking" your 15mm as birds usually do?

Yes, this is a danger, but I do intend to use a protective housing for the
camera with a glass panel to protect the lens and some sort of heating
system to help preserve batteries.

> Good luck with it. You might try to build a soundproof box for it.
> Something like what is used on movie locations for stills and can
> completely silence even the LX's motordrive blazing at full 5 fps

I am not too concerned about the noise - I only intend to shoot for short
periods in frost conditions when the birds are hungry. I am not necessarily
looking for the 'bird guide' type of picture, more like the second or third
frame of the Motor Drive A's 3.5 fps burst and perhaps catch a whirl of
wings as the birds take flight after the first frame is fired. If the birds
are hungry enough they will soon return to the feeder.

Pat