On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:02:08 -0500, Paul Stenquist
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And all through the house, my wife and daughters were dragging up boxes
> from the basement and working furiously to decorate the Christmas tree.
> That's somewhat of a tradition around here. My part of the job was to
> go out and buy a tree this morning. I opted for a long needle Scotch
> Pine this year. We haven't had one of those in many years. Different is
> fun. Anyway, I shot it with the DA 16-45. I dialed in about plus 1.5
> exposure compensation at f11, and positioned the camera on a cabinet.
> The exposure was around half a second I think. In any case, here it is.
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2912959&size=lg

Nice tree!!  I thought it was artificial (and was going to chastise
you for not having a real tree <g>) until I re-read your post.

I gotta say, Paul, that's a lovely den the tree's in, too.

You've captured all that warmth in the photograph.  Well done.

cheers,
frank