----- Original Message ----- From: "Joakim Johansson"
Subject: Next Pentax DSLR?

Hi all,

My name is Joakim Johansson and I'm a new member.

I have a question, witch perhaps have been discussed before, about the next
Pentax DSLR. Is it possible that Pentax release a new advanced model (a
upgrade of the *istD) during 2005, and what can we expect from it if that is
the case?

I think the new camera is scheduled to be released at the next Ulan Bator show......

Seriously, they pretty much have to release a new model, if for no other reason than to maintain some sort of dignity in the marketplace.
My bet is nothing until the fall of 2005, similar body style to the istD, 8mp, more or less the same feature set as the istD, but with a larger buffer and faster frame rate.
Note, this may well be completely off base.

William Robb