I've discovered the main problem with my batteries were the conditioning
they were getting, and therefore in. After pulling the "depleted"
batteries out of the Ds I was able to get 2 fps (without flash) and
about a frame every 6 seconds with flash on my MZ-6.
I'm now looking at getting a good charger for my 6 sets of NiMh that
will properly fast then trickly charge and not cook my batteries.

I've kept nearly every neg I've taken since getting back into
photography. Stored away in acid free holders in a dry cool place,
carefully indexed and cross referenced.
So far I've taken 287 frames with the digital - all of them test shots -
and deleted about 100. This was not what I  was planning on, mostly
after I'd read about the famous Monica Lewinsky shot, and something my
mother-in-law said. She saw an photo that had been taken 30 years ago in
the old family home. The subject was blurred and the framing was
appalling, but when she saw it (after it being in a box for at least 20
years) her face broke out in a priceless grin. She was looking at the
wallpaper - which was in focus - and it brought back a flood of
memories.

I have little idea today what'll be important tomorrow, maybe even
this...
http://members.iinet.net.au/~celsim/bath01.jpg
Simon