I haven't done a comparison between memory cards... too busy shooting.

I have a Lexar 40X and an 80X and I don't notice any difference. I suspect in practice the same can probably be said for a 'slower' card. I have a hard time counting 60 seconds consistently, so I doubt I can tell a millisecond or a microsecond here or there. Even if a picture took an extra second to save, would it often matter?

Rounded to the nearest power of 10, it generally takes around 20 minutes to download a 1G card using the USB cable.

Tom C.

From: Andre Langevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: D and Write Acceleration CF cards
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:29:59 -0500

I may have a used D coming soon. I would need to know what are the best options for digital film media. (I have not followed any discussion about the D as it was not in my plans to get one soon!)

Is a CF card with Write Acceleration a good feature?

Is any card over 40X an overkill?

Should I buy only reknown Lexar or Sandisk cards?

In the absence of a card reader for the moment, how long takes downloading a complete 1GB card from the camera to a computer with USB 1?

Anything else I should know for the moment? Or is there a page or a post that tells all that a D user has to know (green button, etc.)?

Thanks,

Andre