Subject: Re: Christmas enablement.

Wouldn't switching to CMOS require extensive redesign of software and systems? I would think that Pentax will stay the course with CCD. I wonder where John Francis stands on this?

Any change to the sensor will require some significant design changes, whether they stay with CCD or go to CMOS.
What they can't do is try to do what they have done historically, which is to try to keep a 5 year or more production time on the same camera.
They will have to go upscale from where they are now, I just don't think there is any way they can keep the D and DS in the line as their only offerings and maintain any respect in the field.

William Robb