It can damage electronics as well, I guess they weren't trying very hard to kill the memory card. (Especially if they are fogging developed film).

Frits Wüthrich wrote:

It also states you have to be carefull with film, as it can fog developed and
non-developed film.
I always thought it could only fog undeveloped film?

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke