Fred W wrote
>> I've changed from a sniper to a machine gunner......
 I think I need to slow down and concentrate on the photography,
 rather than the technology.

Hi Fred: when I first got the ist D the best subjects I could find were my
daughter's synchronized Skating team. I have photographed them for many years
with fast print film but the number of shots I needed to take just to get one
good one drove my wife crazy when the bills for the prints came in. The digital
really allowed me to go crazy. I was finally able to put the camera on
continuous autofocus and snap away. It still takes a lot of shots to get one
good one
but at least they're free.
The problem, of course, comes when you have to edit them..... I spend a fair
bit of time in front of the computer....
One of the other real benefits is that I am now using more of my large
collection of lenses. When I go to a practise or a competition, I try to take
different lenses each time to try them out... So far my favourites are the old
200f2.5 and Tokina ATX 28-70. On the weekend I used my 85 F2 for most of the
team's
Christmas Party pics and I was very happy with the results....
Vic