Don,

I'm in the market for the exact same lens you are
looking for.  Let me know what you end up going with.
I'm hoping Pentax might come out with a new, longer
zoom, specifically for the ist D/DS, but you know how
slow they can be.  I'm not wild about the Tokina 2.8
due to it's weight and price.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=de