Hi all,

I've been concentrating of microscopy for a couple of years now and have not done any normal photography. I have a question for the '*ist D' experts. Will the camera work without a lens attached? In other words if I put it on a microscope, in place of a Pentax film body, will it take pictures with automatic exposure control? Some digital SLRs do, others don't. Also, can the mirror be locked up to prevent vibration whilst this is being done? The slightest bump of a mirror is enough to make picture taking impossible with an ordinary SLR unless the exposures are rather long. This spoils things a bit because the shortest shutter speeds are often needed.

Don
--
Dr E D F Williams

Nihil sub sole novum nec.