www.lavasoft.de
for Adaware.

Spybot search and destroy.

Ann Sanfedele wrote:

Despite my protestations that I'm safe from worms
and viri cause I'm so smart about
downloads, email, and have a lazy old dial-up
that  no one would want to disrupt,
I have this feeling that my harddrive is getting
crowded with stuff I can't see....
and why should my 'puter be downloading things
when I'm on line but with no
browsers open?

I clear my cache every day, I defrag two or three
times a week, I've deleted a bunch of
useless software and files - but I still seem to
have too much stuff on my computer.

Soooo
given I have Windows 98, what do I need to do to
at least check the spyware level?

Help, please :)
annsan, techno idiot

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke