Hi,

Saturday, February 5, 2005, 6:43:05 PM, Peter wrote:

> Utterly correct, but ... let's say Technikdirekt (Germany) or B&H sell
> cameras, lenses, cases, tripods, studio gear, flash equipment, memory
> cards, editing gear, software ... What about a French equivalent?

I have never seen an equivalent shop in France (doesn't mean there
isn't one, of course). The biggest retailer of photo equipment in
France is, I think, fnac, which is a large bricks-and-mortar chain of
department stores.
http://www.fnac.com/

click the 'Image & Son' tab.
on the left hand menu:
Digital photography = photo numerique
Film photography = photo argentique

each of these has its own menu on the left, and too many levels of
submenu beneath that.

--
Cheers,
 Bob