congratulations Nick.  Happy shooting.
CW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 3:58 PM
Subject: New LX Owner

I've just received an LX I won from eBay, and just love the feel of it. I've always wanted one since it first came out, but it's always seemed too pricey. I nearly blew my term's grant cheque on one at the time, but prudence got the better of me.

This one appears to be a new model as shown on Bojidar's site, with the new style shutter release, but the film speed only goes up to 1600. The meter does come on when the exposure compensation ring release button is pressed (could be a problem if it gets pressed in the camera bag as it will drain the batteries), but I'm not sure what the description of the dot pattern on the first curtain means without some comparison. The serial number is 5299XXX. Anyone got an idea of the age of this?

It has some black residue on the mirror surface, but it doesn't seem to affect it. It'll be off to Pentax UK for a full service soon.

I thought the automatic mettering wasn't working until I realised the reflectance of the pressure plate would be different to that of the shutter curtain or the film - duh! It does raise one question though - do all films have the same reflectance or have things changed since the camera was released so some compensation needs to be applied?

No strap lugs, so I'll have to look out for these. Need to check if the AF360FGZ works with it too.

Really looking forward to playing with this.

Nick.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.5 - Release Date: 2/3/2005