Seen on DPreview:

-------

Adorama accepted my order for this lens last Friday, but today I got this response: "We regret to inform you that Pentax has notified us that the following item is discontinued and no replacement is available
We are cancelling your order. Please accept our apology for this inconvenience."

-------

Of course the FA 50 f1.7 died a few months ago.

I wonder if it will take Pentax 8 to 10 years to bring out a full series of D FA primes. It can't be good for their business if they do. I wonder how many of Pentax's 300 R&D employees (thanks to Alan Chan for that figure) are working on D FA lenses?

Joe