Tom C wrote:
Trying to reconstruct my prior comments that Bill Gates lost:

Here's my almost totally subjective comments on this month's PUG, along with sometimes maybe a little bit of objectivity.

Ten Mile Point by Martin Mielke

I like the "Aloneness" feeling of this shot. The blues, grays, and blacks make for a concentrated color palette, which I find pleasing (listen to me). This shot has what I like about many landscapes. It makes me want to enter the picture and explore. For example I want to go to the island and walk through its forests and along its shore, seeing what I might find. What is there? I'd like to turn around and look towards the vantage point from where the shot was taken. The simple austereness of the shot adds mystery and creates excitement. This is my favorite of the month.

Into the Sea by Boris Liberman

Three elements, sky, water, man make this is a strong composition. I knew I should have left the white Speedos at home.

Blue Hawaii by Fred Widall

Beautiful blue green water and the tree definitely adds. It seems a bit out of focus somehow... I played with it in Photoshop and some unsharp masking cleans it up quite a bit. Might want to try.

Denali at Midnight by Ann Sanfedele

I like the way the mountain blends and disappears into the sky. Going there this summer, BTW.

Waterland by Harald Rust

Nice symmetry and perspective. I find the foreground plants to a be a distractor. Cropping out the bottom to make the image a perfect square creates an unusually strong image. Just my opinion.

Lady in Blue by Henk Terhell

Interesting and definitely electric blue.

Trabant With Blue Accents by Joseph Tainter

I am sucker for classic cars, especially white w/blue stripes and vice-versa. The setting is also attractive.

Bluebirds by Robert Gonzalez

Great shot! Hard to get, I've tried many times. The ability to clearly see the pilots makes it even better.

Thank you Tom. I tried several times, and with this one I got lucky. I can enlarge it to the point where the pilots are very clear. That 300 A* lens is truly a joy to use. My tripod however, is another matter altogether.

rg

Ice by Billy Abbott

A nice abstract.  Cold and blue.

Lemon by Steve Morphet

Quite interesting. Strong. Stands on its own. I assume you masked the stem spot? Nice touch.

Blue by Wendy Beard

Yeah, very abstract. Strong and simple elements. I'd consider turning the lamp to eliminate the cord. Cool.

Blue Booze by Paul Stenquist,

Beautiful blue drink. Makes me wish for the beach and a warm summer night. The ice is wonderful.

Tom C.