On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:18:07 +0100, Jens Bladt wrote:

>Rebadged Chinons - in the GDR (German Democratic Republic) in the fifties?
>Come on! I seriously doubt it!

Well, I don't know about the fifties, but "Porst" is a relatively well known
and widespread chain of photo stores that carry the 'cheaper' brands
including a lot of rebadged stuff.

All the ones I know off are located it what used to be WESTERN
Germany, not the former DDR. I think they did/do mail-order as well.
They did have Practica's (maybe rebadged) and they certainly had
rebadged stuff from the far east like Chinon.

Regards, JvW

Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery