It's funny, but last year I went to a museum where they wanted me to check my "tripod", as they weren't allowed in.
I pointed out it was a monopod and they let me take it in. (I don't think they knew what a monopod was).

Cotty wrote:

On 8/2/05, Graywolf, discombobulated, unleashed:

BTW many cities do have anti-tripod laws on the books. They claim they are traffic control measures. In such a city you do need a permit to set up a
tripod on public property. Note: that is to set up a tripod, not to take photos.

What about monopods :-))

Cheers, Cotty

___/\__ || (O) | People, Places, Pastiche ||=====| http://www.cottysnaps.com _____________________________

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke