From: Tan and Steve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 21 February 2005 22:08
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: RE: OT - Computer nerds unite! I have a networking problem...

Hi Alan and John!

Thanks so much for your responses - I should probably clarify a couple
of things.

My PC is connected to the internet via cable (broadband).  I use my PC
predominantly, which is how I send and receive emails.  My lappy is my
second 'puter and it connects to the internet THROUGH my network and
PC's internet connection.  The reason for this is that Steve will sit
and work on the lappy whilst I am working on the PC.

When I initially set up the network, I experienced the same problem and
a friend of mine told me to manually enter the IP addresses, and which
numbers to use.  However, I can't remember just where it is that I go to
enter the IP addresses, and I can't remember them anyways!

I did ping them using the command prompt and there is no response from
either, which is strange as I AM able to access files/folders.

Sorry, I am very confusing aren't I?!?! hehe.

Tanya Mayer Photography

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
www.tanyamayer.com
Ph +61 (07) 3315 4549