At 12:27 pm 22/02/2005, "Henk Terhell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Michael, you don't just double click. First you click on the icon to
mark the line, then you click somewhere on the right side of the marked
line. Using Bob W's instructions I discovered that it works on my XP Pro
system also on multiple files selected, but as already said the
information you put in there using XP doesn't show up in Irfanview nor
in Photoshop (Elements 3). So it looks indeed that Irfanview is the best
option.

Another question I have on this subject, does anybody know if you can
delete EXIF data in Photoshop, supposing you don't want to share your
camera settings with others? Resaving in Irfanview does provide this
option, but I cannot figure out in PS Elements 3 how to do this.

Henk

I don't know about photoshop, but there is a very simple command line tool (jhead) that can strip out EXIF data (and other stuuf) from directories full of jpegs. You can get it from here...
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/
The command line that will do what you want is:
jhead -de *.jpg
to delete exif headers from all jpegs in a folder, or
jhead -purejpg *.jpg
to delete _everything_ but the picture itself, from all jpegs in the folder.

Eric.