Paul,
I'm not quite sure if near or farsightedness neither diopter adjustment plays a role. I made up a thread with a very similar problem, and my thoughts led me to the idea that focussing is always done on the viewfinder screen, and diopter adjustment just makes me see the screen better or worth, but doesn't influence focussing. I think it's two different systems.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm thankful for any advice.

Gonz,
did you try different lenses as I did, or just the 85?

Pancho

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm not sure if there could be a technical reason for the discrepancy between focus and autofocus.
Perhaps it could be the result of an incorrect diopter adjustment and a near-sighted or far-sighted
eye? In regard to exposure, I generally set my *istD to overexpose by half a stop. That yields a
pretty nice exposure under most circumstances. Finally, there's no such thing as a
"correct" histogram. If you're shooging a scene with no highlights, the histogram may not
extend all the way to the right, yet your exposure might be perfect. Similarily, blown highlights
aren't always "wrong." For example, a strong backlight on water can create attractive
specular highlights that are out of range. A photo with no dark shadows would have a histogram that
doesn't extend all the way to the left. One with deep blacks might have out-or-range blacks. You
have to judge with your eye. The histogram is only a guide.
Paul