Question for Mark Cassino:

Re:

"My conclusion was that a low resolving lens with low CA and high edge sharpness - which is what my tests showed the ATX 400 to be - will create an image with clean edges and a high degree of _apparent_ detail."

Mark, I have this lens and am interested in your observations. Would you please define your terms, though? What do you mean by low resolving? I am having trouble understanding how a lens with "high edge sharpness" can be "low resolving."

I'm not questioning your observations, just trying to understand what you mean.

According to Photodo, at f8 the Tokina scores the same as the FA 400 f5.6. It is weaker than the Pentax wide open.

Thanks,

Joe