Shel Belinkoff mused:

> I have seen APS sensors described as "APS C" and "APS H"  What'd the
> difference.  Are there other APS sensor size designations?

The true meaning of these designations is only appropriate when
used to refer to the differing aspect ratios on APS cameras.

In the DSLR world, APS C is used to refer to those cameras with a
1.5 or 1.6 crop factor, while APS H is used as shorthand for the
lower-magnification, but still not "full frame" cameras, such as
the Canon EOS-1D (not the 1Ds).

While the terminology isn't precise, it's a reasonable way to
indicate how large an image circle is required to avoid vignetting.