From: Joseph Tainter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 1:08 PM
To: pdml
Subject: RE: Opinions about Sigmas

"I am interesting about 4.0/100-300"

Popular Photography reviewed this lens a few years ago. Like many of
their lens reviews, one has to read between the lines. At 300 mm. it has

peripheral softness. One has to stop down to f16 to get edge-to-edge
sharpness at 300 mm. Clearly this requires a tripod. That weakness
dissuaded me from being interested in it.

--------

J. C., please note that I specified 300 mm at f16. If you can hand-hold that and get a sharp image, you are a better man than I am.

Joe

  • ... Joseph Tainter
    • ... Raimo K
    • ... Артур Гроховский