Hmm, reply didn't appear again. (see below)
  --- Frantisek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Now that's very strange! Especially as i't is
> > mirrored in the two
> > photos! I assume the camera worked fine in other
> > venues? Was it just
> > these two, or a whole bunch from that venue? It
> > might also be file
> > corruption or something, after all... but if it's
> > consistent at that
> > venue.

 It's some function of the shutter-travel and the
 frequency of the lighting. No file corruption. I've
 had the same effect occur at different venues and
 with
 a diffrent camera

 The previous were with the 10D and these are with
 the *istD

 http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/36925421
 http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/36925426
 http://www.pbase.com/wendybeard/image/36925427

 ignore the exif on pbase, it's wrong. The pics
 aren't
 too good, but it illustrates the point.

 Wendy

 =====