`MX's mirror-lock-up-trick:

Put the camera on tripod, cocked. Lightly but quickly tap the shutter
release with your finger, preferably from a height, so that you do not
press it but just tap it, and your finger bounces back. If you do it
right, mirror will spring up, but shutter won't open untill you press
the release again. Totally safe to your camera (perhaps unless you have one
with severely worn shutter rod, which I doubt as it would work
reliably anyway before the trick)

With some practice, this trick works 95% of time, easily,
consistently. I have done it even with handheld camera.

Good light!
           fra