----- Original Message ----- From: "glenn murphy"
Subject: Super Tak lens caps?

Hi everybody,

I made an impulse buy this past week and am now the proud owner of a H3V with a Super Takumar 55mm 1:1.8 lens. I've never owned a screwmount camera before and don't really know much about them. The lens came with a hood with a skylight filter in it, but no caps. Does anyone know what size/type cap I need and have any guess where I might find one? This lens doesn't quite look like any of the pictures I've seen on the web of this model. It has a silver filter ring which seems to stick out further from the front element than on the all-black ones I've seen. Any help would be appreciated.

I would think that any 49mm clip on cap would work. Have you tried putting a cap from another lens onto it to see? You can mix and match caps without causing famine.

William Robb