For a mailing list it is odd that so many hang around PDML for so long. A lot of folks seem to like us. All the off topic stuff that a few find so annoying makes for an interesting list.

Anyhow, typically many people sign up to see what a list is about and unsubscribe after only a few messages.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Keith Whaley wrote:

Graywolf wrote:

No trouble at all, in fact Doug did so for a long time. But they were still too stupid to figure it out, or reading to the bottom of a message was too much work. I guess a bit of code could be written to automatically forward anything with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list server. Then all us wise guys could get kicked off the list every week or so too...

BTW when you consider 600 or so list members, probably 100 or so only staying on for a week or so, we get remarkably few of these dumb messages.

Not literally meant, but... you gotta be kidding?!
We typically have 1/6th of our membership sign on and then leave, all within a week or so?
Amazing!

In which case it IS odd that we get so few claiming difficulty finding the egress!

keith

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"