On 14/3/05, Butch Black, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Stupid question. Is the A 85/1.4 significantly superior to the FA 85/1.4?
>The FA is listing new for $800 on B&H and the 77 LTD for $690.

worms > can

Personally I have never seen or touched the FA 85/1.4 so I can say
without question or doubt that the A*85mm f/1.4 is far superior in terms
of technical quality and photographic ability.

There should be an entire room devoted to it at the Smithsonian.

If lenses can be classed as cool, the A*85mm f/1.4 would be frozen solid.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__