From: Peter J. Alling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:02 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: PESO -- You are what you eat.

My strange sense of humor is all. Due to an accident of history this native American Bird is called a Turkey. A term of derision in American English, due to the domesticated variety of turkey's supposed stupidity, is to call someone a "Turkey", Then there is the statement in the true but not necessarily important category "You are what you eat."
Taken to the logical extreme if you eat turkey, you are one. (Not nearly as clever as I had hoped, having had to explain it).

The uncropped image has a lot of boring white snow in the foreground. I actually made the photograph with this crop in mind.

Markus Maurer wrote:

Hi Peter
a lovely picture but I do not understand the meaning of title here...
How does it look uncropped?
greetings
Markus

Well enough of the people pictures for now.

http://www.mindspring.com/~webster26/PESO_--_yawye.html

Technical data:
Pentax *ist-D iso 400 1/400sec
smc PENTAX-FA 28-200mm f3.8~5.6 @ 200mm f9.0

As usual comments are appreciated but may be totally ignored.

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke