Well it is an acid, which type are you getting. The most common is the same as acidic acid which is only concentrated vinegar, the other I know of is "biodegradable" citric acid based from Ilford. Maybe they'll ship the latter and not the former?

Scott Loveless wrote:

Anybody know anything about shipping stop bath. B&H won't do it just
now. Adorama doesn't seem to have a problem letting me add it to my
cart. The Camera Store says it must be shipped as a hazardous
material and will incur additional charges. Is this something new, or
I have I been out of the loop for too long?

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke