[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Quoting mike wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

You can use your nose. Once it stops smelling like vinegar it will be knackered. Or your nose will be 8-)))

When I bought my first bottle of Glacial Acetic Acid I undid the top and held it
under my nose and took a whiff to see if it really did smell like vinegar.

Ten minutes later when I got my breath back and I realised I wasn't going to die
I  realised that was a mistake. Pure Acetic Acid is hazardous, treat it
carefully as you would any other strong acid.

Indeedy. I was referring to vinegar, the diluted form. Pure Ethanoic acid is also flammable. Personally, I wouldn't have it in the house.