Short version: Does the Ist-D write faster if you have a faster memory card?

Long version:

I currently have a Canon Digi-Rebel, and regret the small viewfinder and the
partial metering button.

Coming from Pentax K-1000s, plus a Minolta 600si with a lot of nice external
switches, it looks like I'd be happier with an Ist-D instead of an Ist-DS.  I
enjoy spot metering, for example, and wish the DS had a custom function to set
one of the four way switches to select metering instead of flash mode, say.
Maybe Pentax will add that some day.

Reviews of the older D say it only does a frame every 2.5 seconds once the
buffer fills.  During a church play with a recessional where pairs of actors go
past two by two, my Digi Rebel was really struggling to keep up.  It does not
write anything as long as you are holding the shutter at half press.  The Ist-D
probably does write even if you are focusing on the next subject, but does it
write any faster than every other second?

Will a faster memory card speed up the D's write speeds?

Brian Dunn
http://www.bdphotographic.com