From: Don Sanderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 March 2005 10:29 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: RE: This will bring a tear to your eye.

Actually Trevor I was about send this post when I saw yours:

Subject: PZ-1p, One Tough Dog! (Was tear to your eye)

Well, it was kinda like doing reconstructive surgery
on a species you've never seen but I managed to put
the poor beast back together as far as possible.
Stole a focus screen from a PZ-70, bent everything
back to what I guessed was close to its proper shape.
Removed the lens lock pin completely (and none too
gently)
Loaded a roll of cheap film, taped the door shut and,
burned off 36 frames in about 7 seconds!
Jeez is that motor fast!
It focuses properly, exposure seems OK in all modes,
flash works, all the controls work, viewfinder's clean.
This thing is very cool.
I THINK all I need is a new screen, the retainer clip
for it, a few parts for the lens lock assy and a new
back door.....That's all! :-(

Don (Insomnia has it's uses)

I better hang on to that manual for now. ;-)