from what is posted, i can't see anything that i can safely conclude is chromatic aberration. i don't expect any of the posted images to really show significant CA anyway since the contrast isn't too high. of Jostein's test lenses, i have the DA 16-45, the FA* 28-70, and the 31 Limited. i have some brick walls i can shoot too, although they won't be rectangular bricks. it's heavy overcast and a bit windy, but i think i can get some shots.

Herb...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: Another test of DA 16-45/4 against other Pentax glass

Hmmm, even with my reading glasses on I don't see anything that I would call fringing on most of the shots. I see some minor difference in color rendering. The only place I see something that I would call fringing is on the FA 20/2.8 at f22 and f8. It's somewhat evident on the upper branches of the pine tree. Perhaps these crops display differently on different monitors. I'm looking at them on a 21" Apple Cinema Display. Perhaps a high end CRT might reveal more or perhaps some CA is monitor induced. I'll be interested to hear what Rob and Herb see.
Paul