need to replace my damaged Sigma 100-300 lens and as I am getting a new
lens I thought I might be able to get close to an all-purpose lens to reduce
the problems I have with my neck and shoulders if I spend a day lugging
around a couple of cameras and lenses. The Tamron 28-300 XR should cover the
range of the lenses I have now, at least at the long end, but I'm not sure
if it is good enough.

How do the images from the Tamron 24-135, the Sigma 100-300 & the Tamron
28-300 XR compare, especially for resolution/sharpness? User reviews I read
on Internet vary a lot in their opinion on the quality of the 28-300 lens
and the images it produces.

Thanks
Mike