In case anyone wonders why I haven't been on the list of late, I had a paying gig for most of the last two weeks that kept me
busy and out of touch, then my Win2K server decided to go tits up. (Near as I can tell the mother board is completely fried).
Since it was the only machine that could be connected to the internet, for various technical reasons, I was SOL. I've reconfigured
and I'm now off to find a replacement MB. I've got 5588 messages in my mailbox...

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke