William, (Is Bill OK or do you prefer William?)

I know you're not a zoom lover, actually neither am I.
I find that the quality of primes tend to make me look
on *most* zooms as rather inferior, though there are
a few exceptions.
Many of my photo opportunities are quick 'shoot from the
car' or 'jump out of the car and shoot'.
Since I'm usually on the clock at work when I do this I
can't take the time to "zoom with my feet", a zoom lens
helps me fill frames without heavy cropping later.

A question for you: Do you usually find 150mm long enough?

I often carry the 200/4, I frequently wish it was a bit
longer.
I was carrying the 300/8.0 CAT but I just don't much care
for "donuts". ;-)

Don