My IBM-360/370 assembly language class "project" was to build a SNOBOL compiler. (It's not like I chose to do that, it was required of everyone...)

Doug Franklin wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:24:32 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well none of the above makes any sense to me except that I *know*
SNO-BOL is a toilet cleaner.

It's also an early 1960's programming language that focuses on processing strings and doing pattern matching. An early name for it was SEXI (String EXtraction Interpreter). One implementation was called SPITBOL.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke