I don't suspect the mirror, autofocus is as dependent on the mirror as is manual focus. However the autofocus in Pentax cameras is below the mirror and follows a different light path than the view through the pentaprism. I suspect that the ground glass is in a different effective plane than the autofocus sensor and both are out of sync with the sensor.

Paul Stenquist wrote:

Hmmm. Well, the autofocus shots are a lot closer than the manual focus shots. Other than that, it's hard to draw many conclusions from this. I guess you should have your camera checked out. It seems to be causing you a lot of problems and aggravation. Since the autofocus shots are closer than the manual, I suppose the mirror is a suspect. Have you ever dropped the camera?
Paul