On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 15:59:48 -0700, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Being neither a sailor nor an astronomer, I don't know where I might
> find out where in the sky the full moon will rise.  Finding out when
> seems easy enough... does anyone know where I can find out where a
> full moon will rise?  The reason I ask is that there's a photo
> opportunity that calls out for a long Pentax lens mounted on an LX

Yes, Shel, the moon (and sun) do rise and set at (slightly) different
azimuths each day. I haven't searched out web sites that would tell me
about it, but the US Naval Observatory web site (http://www.usno.mil)
has a lot of "ephemeris" type stuff, including sunrise/sunset and
moonrise/moonset times, so they might have what you're looking for.

TTYL, DougF