On 26 Apr 2005 at 21:07, Butch Black wrote:

> Working in retail selling cameras and TV's I have no problem with someone
> looking at an item or asking a question or two, at least if we are not
> overly busy. It's part of the game. Don't take up 2-3 hours of my time then
> announce that you can buy it on line for $20 less and no sales tax. That goes
> back to my prior comment of playing fair. And please don't come back after
> purchasing on-line to have me show you how to use it.

I suspect the fact that the US doesn't have national sales tax consistency
really encourages inter-state on-line sales too. It's not the same here, our
pseudo sales tax (GST) is 10% country wide and it's very difficult to get out
of paying it (or rather to claim it back).

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998