Oops, I think I've caused undue concern by wording my initial post poorly.<g>

It was never a major problem. It only happened twice in the first week
I had the camera and hasn't been a problem since. But after it
happened the second time I started reformatting the card after
downloading the files.

I don't know what caused the problem initially. It could have been the
card, low batteries, my card reader. I dunno. It hasn't happened since
so I'm not overly concerned. :-)

Since some have said that they don't reformat there cards, I might
just stop doing it for awhile to see if I have problems again.

Dave S