--- Joseph Tainter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I cannot believe that I could have gotten three bad ones in
> a row. What a disappointment.

Well, I got four bad FA*200/2.8 in a roll, if that makes u feel better (probably
not)... But Pentax Japan finally inspected and sent me a perfect one from Japan
eventually.

> Maybe it is the difference between attaching the tripod in
> the middle of the lens/camera assembly (F* 300) vs. having
> to attach the tripod to the camera (FA* 300). At f4.5,
> though, I was shooting at 1/500 of a second. So I cannot see
> how the tripod mount could have made the difference.

You may be surprised, but I actually discovered all pics are sharper w/o tripod
collar at all shutter speed with or without MLU (with Z-1p anyway, a known
vibrator). But then I used B1 ballhead which might make the most difference. I
would
certainly suggest you do more tests before giving up. Maybe you want to check
for
any sign of repair too.

> What frustration.

I know...