"Isaac Crawford" wrote:
> Pål Jensen wrote:
> > Mark wrote:
> > > Absolutely. Seeing an LED bargraph go up for overexposure
> and down for
> > > underexposure just plain makes sense.
> > But the point wasn't if it makes sense isolated. But
> whether it makes sense in conjunction with its control dial
> which goes left right. For me at least, theres no "logic"
> direction for a  left/right wheel in order to make, say, the
> scale go up.
> > In addition, that the bar graph goes up for overexposure
> certainly isn't in hamony with other, older Pentax bodies. On
> eg. the LX making the the bar graph go up means shorter
> shutter speeds - underexposure.
> > Most people, and all text books, visualize exposure as
> varying around a zero value on a horizontal scale. Hell, all
> trains of numbers that relate to each other are visualized on
> a horizontal scale. The same is the case for the aperture
> scale used in calculating exposure.
>       Didn't we all learn with the good old match needle? It
> went up and down
> too, and it never seemed to confuse people. The shutter speed
> indicators
> in my LX are vertical, as are a couple of other Pentax cameras. I have
> never heard of this being a problem before...

        Um.. actually, its always confused me.  I'm continually confused on my
K-1000, which I've used for 20 years, I'm confused by my KS-2, and I'm
extremely confuddled by the PZ (_alwasy_ turn it the wrong way first).
Never noticed it much until the PZ though, which is probably because it
wasn't until that camera that I started trying to adjust it while looking
through the viewfinder.
        Never saw much reason to gripe about it though.. almost all cameras are
that way and I can't imagine the manufacturers would change their design
just to make me happy :-)

later,
patbob ([EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED])